Building Maintenance Supervisor (Printable Version)
- Ability to read basic operating instructions and writes reports.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the successful completion of tasks.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the basic techniques of electrical repair and maintenance, carpentry, and grounds maintenance.
- Experience with custodial services or the equivalent in custodial service in other institutions and/or firms.
- Certificate of good health signed by a licensed physician.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Executive Director may find appropriate and acceptable.
- To maintain the physical recreation facilities in a condition of operating excellence, cleanliness, and safety, so that full recreational use of them may be made at all times.
- To supervise and lead a crew of general custodial personnel whose major responsibility is to provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficient building in which to learn, play, and develop.
Brief Description of Position:
The Building Maintenance Supervisor directs and participates in the performance of all custodial and maintenance activities. He/She must be knowledgeable in the areas of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, electrical maintenance, carpentry, and general maintenance. In addition, he/she also has a partial responsibility for the upkeep of the building grounds.
- Cleans and maintains all HVAC and other major equipment.
- Supervises and participates in necessary painting and general repairs to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, windows, and general mechanical areas.
- Supervises and maintains the building grounds.
- Assists in snow removal. (Sidewalk, main entrance areas).
- Supervises and participates in the general cleaning and maintenance of recreational buildings.
- Orders and receives supplies and equipment, and maintains necessary inventories.
- Assumes responsibility for the general security of the buildings.
- Assumes responsibility for the general fire safety of the buildings.
- Performs emergency repair services as necessary.
- Conducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair.
- Responsible for the setting up and tearing down of equipment during special events.
- Will be available on a 24-hour call basis when building or ground emergencies arise.
- Examines buildings on a regular basis for needed repairs, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- Establishes and recommends, in cooperation with RARA administration, priorities on repair projects and estimates the cost of these projects.
- Plans and oversees all maintenance and repair work and develops an efficient system for dealing with emergency repair problems.
- Performs maintenance as required.
- Orders materials as needed, and makes recommendations of supplies and equipment for purchase.
- Establishment of a regular preventative maintenance program.
- Is responsible for regulating heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to ensure economical usage of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Performs grounds maintenance as required.
- Assumes appropriate responsibility for general security of the buildings.
- Performs all other assignments and responsibilities as directed.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Executive Director.
Terms of Employment:
Full time salary position
Starting Salary: $35,000 - $40,000 DOQ with benefits
Start date: Accepting resumes until position is filled
Email or mail cover letter and resume to:
Ronald Jewell; Executive Director
Rochester Avon Recreation Authority
500 E Second Street
Rochester MI 48307